11th June 2018 marked the second day of Los Angeles E3 2018. Microsoft was the first presenter of the day and they showcased a ton of stuff, including exclusive titles and third person titles.
1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Ori and the Will of the Wisps is the sequel to 2015 platformer hit Ori and the Blind Forest. It’s another Xbox Exclusive. It was revealed at E3 2017 but more details, including the gameplay, was revealed at E3 2018. The game has a vague release window of 2019.
2. Halo Infinite
Halo is Xbox’s one of the longest lasting exclusive line-up. The latest addition will be Halo Infinite. Only a cinematic trailer rendered in the game engine was revealed at E3. It didn’t reveal much except vast landscapes, alien creatures and marines marching on an alien plant and Masterchief overlooking them from a hill.
3. Gears of War 5
Gears of War 5 is the sequel to Gears of War 4 and will continue the story of the protagonists. A cinematic trailer of the game was showcased at the conference.
Two more spin-off Gears of War games will release shortly. First is the funky mobile game and the other one is called Gears Tactics which will be a turn-based strategy game similar to that of Xcom.
4. Crackdown 3
Crackdown is an Xbox exclusive title that has been delayed for so long. It features a super-cop voiced by Terry Crews who can destroy building and environment. The multiplayer mode is where it shines the brightest. The game finally has a release date (and will hopefully not be delayed again)- February 2019.
Session is a skateboarding game developed by Crea-ture Studios and published by Microsoft. It is somewhat similar to that of classic Tony Hawk Pro Skater series with improved mechanics and graphics.
6. Forza Horizon 4
Forza Horizon 4 was the last Xbox exclusive revealed at Microsoft’s E3 conference. The game is based in Great Britain and features a seamless open world that all the players share at once. The graphics, as always, are breathtakingly amazing. It looks lovely to drive down the English countryside or the congested cities.
7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a ninja/samurai game that is developed by ‘From Software’, the studio behind Dark Souls and Bloodborne. It features a ninja protagonist with a prosthetic arm, a katana and a grappling hook which can be used to climb and leap over structures. A prominent part of the trailer was that the protagonist could not die, a fact that doesn’t make sense in a game by From Software.
8. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is a game set in the same universe as Life is Strange. It is about a bot with a vivid imagination whose stories become real. The will be available on 26th June and can be downloaded for free.
9. Division 2
Divison 2 was revealed before E3, but we got to see the multiplayer gameplay for the first time around. Set in Washington DC, the gameplay looks similar to the first game the environment looks way more colourful and vibrant.
10. Devil May Cry 5
10 years after the release of Devil May Cry 4, comes Devil May Cry 5. Set in a time where hell has invaded Earth, your job is to kill all the hellish creatures. The game is quirky yet fun and the graphics are breathtaking. There will be three playable characters in the game each with its unique playstyle.
11. Dying Light 2
Dying Light 2 is the sequel to immensely popular open-world zombie game that focused on survival and parkour game Dying Light. It features a vast open world that is reactive to the choices you make. This time around, there will also be branching narratives and dialogue options.
12. Just Cause 4
Just Cause is a series prominent for its destructive world and fearless protagonist. The cinematic trailer at E3 showed the protagonist driving straight into a tornado and then proceeding to fight that tornado. It is a crazy game that is set to release on December 4, 2018.
13. Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077, a game developed by CD Project Red, the developers of the Witcher series. It was the most anticipated game at E3. The game takes place in Night City, California in the year 2077. It is a very vast open sci-fi world. The developers have confirmed that it is a single player game without any loot boxes or microtransactions.
There was much more than Microsoft revealed at E3 2018 in addition to the above-mentioned titles. Here are a few announcements and details.
- A brief trailer of Fallout 76 was showcased. More details about the game were revealed at Bethesda’s E3 conference which followed Microsoft’s conference shortly afterwards.
- A new gameplay trailer of Metro Exodus, a game which was announced prior to E3. was showed and it looks pretty good.
- Kingdom Hearts 3, a much-anticipated game, will feature Disney’s beloved characters Elsa, Anna and Olaf from the Frozen universe.
- Bandai Namco announced a fighting game called Jump Force. It is a crossover between a number of animes which will include Naruto, Fluffy, Goku and even more anime characters.
- Cuphead, a beloved Xbox title will get a new DLC called The Delicious Last Course in the year 2019.
- A new Battletoads game will come out, though the release date is not certain.
- A cinematic trailer of Shadow of the Tomb Raider which featured Lara across exotic landscapes was featured. The game will release on September 14.
- Phil Spencer, CEO of Xbox announced that they were working on the next Xbox.