Android 9.0 Pie was released as early as 2018 but many will receive it only in late autumn. There are good news for some users. The update suffers a contraction of the release times for some models. While waiting for the new Q release to be presented, these users can enjoy the new graphics and all the optimizations of the new operating system.
Android 9.0 Pie: news and anticipations for the update
Xiaomi and LG have announced their time-line for the granting of updates on the phones. Samsung has done the same by defining a precise list with dates and models that are preparing to receive the much coveted Android Pie update. It will come to the attention of thousands of users globally. In particular, the S8 are next on the list. You will not have to wait long. The OTA update notification has already arrived in Germany and the Netherlands. Here is the situation for all the other producers.
Update Android 9.0 Pie: the list
- Samsung : all Galaxy S8, S8 +, S9 and S9 + series; already confirmed Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9; Galaxy A6 and A6 +, Galaxy A9 2018, Galaxy A7, Galaxy A8 and A8 +, as well as Galaxy J4, J6 and their Plus versions.
- OnePlus : all devices from Oneplus 3, including T versions
- LG : V35 ThinQ end of March; V30 and 30S; V40; G6 2017; V20; Q8; Q9; X5.
- Honor : Honor 10 already confirmed, View 10 (and Lite) and Honor Play.
- Huawei : already on Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro, it arrives on P10 and P20 (in all possible versions), Mate 9 and Mate 20 (also in Lite / Pro versions).
- Asus : ZenFone 5, 5 Lite and 5Z with ROG Phone attached.
- Motorola : there are models from Z2 onwards, with Motor X4, Moto G6 and E5 (all versions).
- Sony : XZ, XZ1, XZ2 and XZ3 already arrived, almost ready on XA2, XA2 Ultra and XA2 Plus.
- Xiaomi : among the devices still waiting we have the Mi Mix series from 2S onwards; Mi 8, Mi 8 Lite and Mi 8 SE; Mi Max 3; Mi 6X; Redmi Note; Redmi S2 and Redmi 6 Pro.
- Nokia : all models from Nokia 3 to Nokia 8 will have Pie by October 2019
Ikechukwu Onu is a writer, front-end dev, and digital junkie with a profound interest in all things tech. When not reviewing gadgets or apps, he enjoys contributing in groups and forums, tinkering with websites, and hanging out with friends.