The company OnePlus officially unveiled the second this year’s flagship smartphone, which is an improved version of OnePlus 6, but with a proprietary prefix “T.” Key changes in the new product – a fingerprint scanner in the screen, increased autonomy and a pumped camera. Innovations also touched the appearance and software.
OnePlus 6T meets the user with an updated “face.” The cut-out in the screen became noticeably smaller and took on a drop shape. Thanks to this 6.4-inch AMOLED-display occupies 86% of the front side. Protected screen tempered glass Gorilla Glass sixth generation. Behind the smartphone is also different from the usual “six” – the fingerprint scanner has disappeared. Now it is located directly in the display and highlighted by the corresponding icon.
An important change in the news was the lack of audio output for headphones. The manufacturer recommends using USB Type-C or Bluetooth. Instead of the missing connector in the OnePlus 6T, the battery was increased from 3300 to 3700 mAh. At the same time, the device became thicker by fractions of a millimeter and heavier by a few grams.
The camera has never been the forte of OnePlus smartphones, but this time the manufacturer promised noticeable improvements. The hardware remained unchanged: two modules with a resolution of 16 and 20 megapixels and lenses with an aperture of f / 1.7 each. The changes are primarily programmatic. The smartphone has learned to recognize scenes with automatic selection of the optimal settings for the best result. Also, a new night mode has appeared, allowing you to take brighter pictures in 2 seconds with a lack of lighting.
As usual, OnePlus focuses on the symbiosis of hardware and software. OnePlus 6T out of the box comes with an updated version of the OxygenOS firmware based on Android 9.0 Pie. Of the interesting innovations is to provide an improved control system with gestures. For example, there was a switch between the two most recently launched applications using swipe.
OnePlus 6T Specs
- Display: 6.41″, Full HD+, 19:9, AMOLED, DCI-P3, glass Gorilla Glass 6
- Processor: Snapdragon 845, eight cores, 2.8 GHz, graphics Adreno 630
- RAM: 6/8 GB, LPDDR4x
- Built-in storage: 128/256 GB, UFS 2.1
- Main camera: 16 megapixel (IMX519, f / 1.7, 1.22 microns) + 20 megapixel (IMX376K, f / 1.7), optical image stabilization, slow motion video recording, portrait mode
- Front camera: 20 megapixel (f/1.7), portrait mode
- Battery: 3700 mAh, support for fast charging Dash Charge
- Security: fingerprint scanner in the screen, face recognition function
- Interfaces: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- SIM cards: two, nano format, 4G LTE support
- Dimensions: 157.5 x 74.9 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 180 g
OnePlus 6T will go on sale on November 1 and will be available in three versions: 6 + 128 GB – $549, 8 + 128 GB – $579, 8 + 256 GB – $629.
Ikechukwu Onu is a writer, front-end dev, and digital junkie with a profound interest in all things tech. When not reviewing gadgets or apps, he enjoys contributing in groups and forums, tinkering with websites, and hanging out with friends.